NCBI management and staff have put in place the following services due to the current crisis;
• Dedicated national helpline for service users, families and friends, 1850 33 43 53, week-days (Monday to Friday) from 8am until 8pm
• Making the Government COVID-19 information leaflet available in accessible formats; Braille, large print, audio etc.
• Where centre-based activities are no longer possible or safe, staff are working from home or in Service centres where social distancing requirement are possible and in place.
• Keyworkers are currently making direct contact with service users
• Once contact is made Keyworkers are offering advice/information and support
• If required, they are assisting them with issues directly related to their vision impairment;
• Ensuring that they have the required independent living equipment
• Ensuring they have Low Vision Aids as required
• Ensuring that any adaptive technology issues/queries are supported
• Supporting service user’s access NCBI’s digital library; Bookshare and Overdrive
• Ensuring that supports structures are in place; family/neighbours/friends/Home Support
• Being an advocate on their behalf to look for additional supports to the HSE, other providers and other State or voluntary groups (for example voluntary groups offering shopping services)
• Our service provision will be monitored on a daily basis and will change as required in order to ensure that service users receive the service support and provision required.
• To keep in touch with latest developments, information and advice for people who are blind or vision impaired please visit our Facebook and Twitter pages as well as our website.
Further information on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ncbisightloss
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/ncbi_sightloss